Considering homes for sale in Buda, Texas? Buda is home to 10,209 people and is one Austin’s fastest growing suburbs. Buda is just fifteen minutes from downtown Austin, and it is a twenty minute drive to Austin Bergstrom Airport. In addition to the proximity of what Austin has to offer, Buda lies just minutes from San Marcos and Kyle and many of the Central Texas natural elements. Buda’s affordability and great city planning make this a desirable location for those seeking a home in the Hill Country. You cannot beat the location which is home to many new emerging businesses.Kyle’s population growth has created the need for over 680,000 square feet of medical facilities to be constructed, creating over 1,700 new medical jobs.
Buda is a subtropical climate which is characterized by humid and hot summers. On average, Buda has 225 sunny days per year, and the highs occur in July high averaging 95 degrees during the day. The lows occur in January and average 39 degrees. The average annual rainfall of Buda is 37 inches per year.
- Cabelas: This store is an Outdoorsman’s dream! It is complete with hunting, shooting, fishing, boating, camping, ATV and auto gear. Cabelas is filled with animal displays with habitat recreations, aquariums, historical firearms displays, and an archery range. This store has been a boom for the Buda economy.
- Downtown Buda: Downtown Buda is packed with history, shopping, dining and all sorts of entertainment. Whether you are looking for a snack to eat, an antique to buy, home furnishings to enjoy or a drink to sip, downtown Buda always has something going on.
- Buda is the future for new retail development, technology, and entertainment sectors.
Local Activities and Notable Landmarks
Buda is home to many great activities and places to visit for all ages:
- Buda is dubbed as the “Outdoor Capital of Texas,” by the Texas Legislature because the city has more parkland per capita than any other city in Texas, almost 30 miles of it.
- Buda is home to miles of hike and bike trails throughout the city and water perfect for the fishing enthusiast. You can view a list of parks to explore at the City of Buda Parks Page.
- Wiener Dog Races: This race helps put Buda on the map. Every year Buda has a Weiner Dog race the last weekend in April complete with a best dressed dog contest, washer tournament, bar-b-que cook-off, live music, vendor booths and much more.
- Circuit of the Americas: Buda has some of the best accommodations for the people planning to attend the Formula One race because they offer transportation to and from the tracks which are only 15 minutes away.
- Jackson Tyler Norris Memorial Skate Park: This skate park offers challenges to all levels of skaters. There is a half-pipe, ramps, bank gaps, stairs with rails, rails and ledges and bench grinds. This park embodies what this community is all about and is dedicated to a special young man who died at a very young age but managed to save seven lives through organ donation. The park was named in honor of this young man.
- The McElroy—Severn Stagecoach House (Onion Creek Post Office and Stagecoach House): This house is located on Main Street and is a historic state and national landmark. This place served as a post office and stagecoach shop for people travelling from Austin to San Antonio.
- For more information about the Buda public school system, check out Hays CISD.
- For parents wanting to homeschool their children, visit this website for more information.
- For continuing education beyond high school, Kyle just minutes South of Buda has Austin Community College Hays Campus.
Buda has a great selection of housing. For new homes in Buda, contact Black Dog Real Estate, Inc. For homes for sale in Buda and real estate for sale in Buda, visit our hot sheets or searches and contact one of us for showings. There are many luxury homes in Buda to choose from also. If you are searching for lots & land in Buda, look no further than Black Dog Real Estate, Inc. We are your one stop shop for buying and selling homes in Central Texas & the Hill Country.